Gina Arquilla DeBoni
With a background in social work and the influence of a grandfather and uncle who were passionate lawyers, Gina Arquilla DeBoni naturally gravitated towards a career in law where she could put her strong people skills to good use.
Instead of choosing family law however, she chose plaintiff’s personal injury work.
“I practiced insurance defense work for a while, but it didn’t resonate with me,” she states. “I wanted a career where I could help the gravely injured receive at least some restitution for the injustice they had suffered.”
After law school, Gina established a personal injury law firm with another partner. She left the practice after six years to join Romanucci & Blandin in June 2010 as a managing attorney.
As managing attorney, Gina is responsible for the overall management and quality assurance of the firm’s legal and compliance services within client engagements. She also carries a heavy caseload of personal injury cases with matters that include traumatic personal injury, medical malpractice, products liability, nursing home negligence, premises liability, and construction injury cases. She is also extremely active in her profession.
- 2013 Super Lawyers list of Top Women Lawyers in Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) – Member, Board of Governors; Member, General Assembly; Member, Scope and Correlation Committee; Member, Young Lawyers Division (Chair, 2008–09); Board Liaison, Women and the Law Committee, Antitrust Committee, Business Advice and Financial Planning Committee and the Standing Committee on Legal Education, Admission and Competence
- Illinois Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American Bar Association (ABA) House of Delegates, 2006–2010; Membership Co-Chair for the ABA for the State of Illinois, 2008 to present; ABA Young Lawyers Division District 15 representative, 2008–10
- Chair, Women’s Advisory Board for U.S. Senator Mark Kirk
- Member, Justinian Society of Lawyers
- ISBA “Young Lawyer of the Year 2010”
- SuperLawyers® Rising Star 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Member, The National Trial Lawyers Association: Top 40 under 40
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2002
- B.A., University of Iowa, 1997
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Northern District of Illinois, 2002
- Illinois, 2002
- Application to Arizona, Pending