Have you ever been fingerprinted or had your face scanned without signing a consent form? At work, do you ever use a fingerprint or retina scanner to clock in or access part of a building? Has personal information you’ve provided ever been stored on an unsecure computer system?
If you’ve been in any of these situations, your rights may have been violated because, in Illinois, your biometric information belongs to you and only you.
Illinois was the first state to regulate the collection and storage of biometric data. Generally, the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA ...
Bhavani Raveendran was named Partner of the firm in 2021 and brings both a keen intelligence and a passion for civil rights to her work. Bhavani has a long and growing list of success for clients, including being a key contributor to the historic $27 million settlement for the family of George Floyd. She is also proud of justice secured for others who have endured civil rights violations or experienced sexual abuse. Bhavani leads the Romanucci & Blandin civil rights team and works closely with Founding Partner Antonio Romanucci as well as Ben Crump of Ben Crump Law and other co-counsel.
- Diagnosing Cancer: Patients Must Trust Their Instincts and Advocate For Themselves
- Post-Pandemic Motor Vehicle Crashes and Deaths Rising – What You Can Do to Protect Yourself
- Beyond the Bio: R&B Partner Michael E. Holden
- Breakthrough Legislation Gives Choice to Victims of Workplace Sexual Abuse and Harassment
- Biometric Privacy and Workers’ Rights
- BIPA and Enhanced Protections for Illinois Workers
- Beyond the Bio: R&B Partner Bhavani Raveendran
- Trial Lawyer View with Antonio Romanucci
- Loyola University Law School podcast with Antonio Romanucci: The George Floyd Justice in Policing Act with Tony Romanucci
- Auto Insurance Premium Relief in the COVID-19 Era: Is your insurance company really looking out for you?
- May 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- July 2021
- May 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- June 2019
- November 2018
- May 2018
- March 2018
- October 2015