- Posts by Michael E. HoldenPartner
Even before law school, Michael E. Holden knew he wanted a career where he could help those who had suffered a grave injustice. As a Senior Associate at Romanucci & Blandin, LLC, Michael has the opportunity on a daily basis to fulfill his ...
Workplace injuries are commonplace in our country regardless of industry or occupation. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, there were over 2.8 million workplace injuries reported in the United States in 2019. Included in that number is over 5,000 fatal injuries, and over 850,000 nonfatal injuries that caused a worker to miss at least one day of work. The most common types of workplace injuries are overexertion, falls/slips/trips, contact with objects or machinery, workplace violence, and transportation accidents.
Workplace injuries can happen for a number of reasons ...
More than 250,000 people die every year in the United States due to medical mistakes, according to a recent study by Johns Hopkins, making those mistakes the third leading cause of death after heart disease and cancer. For patients who are victims of a medical mistake, there are strict time limits in each state in which a lawsuit must be filed. These are known as statutes of limitation and statutes of repose. If a lawsuit is not filed within these time limits, the lawsuit can be dismissed, even if it is an otherwise valid claim. The specific statute of limitations, in any case, will depend on ...
- Auto Insurance Premium Relief in the COVID-19 Era: Is your insurance company really looking out for you?
- The Need for Medical Monitoring in Illinois
- Michael R. Grieco Appointed Co-Chair of Tort Litigation Committee for Young Lawyers Section of Chicago Bar Association
- How a High-Performing Legal Team Stays Coordinated to Achieve Justice for Clients
- The New Normal- Office Life Post Vaccine
- Major Health Systems Bypass Insurers and Pursue Full Charges from Accident Victims
- Leading and Learning by Furthering Education at Romanucci & Blandin
- Big Pharma’s Failures Cause Permanent Vision Damage for Elmiron Users
- Anthony Gay Open Letter to Members of the Illinois General Assembly
- The Nursing Home Shell Game Where Injured Patients Pay the Price