On Friday, June 7, 2019, Antonio M. Romanucci, founding partner at Romanucci & Blandin, LLC was installed as the 66th President of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA) at its annual convention at the JW Marriott Chicago.
Since 1995, Romanucci has been an active member of ITLA. He was elected to the Board of Managers in 2003 and has served on ITLA’s Executive Committee as well as ITLA’s Nominating Committee.
“As a trial attorney, it is my life’s mission to make a difference in the lives of my clients while changing society to better protect us all. If it weren’t for instrumental organizations like ITLA leading the way, I simply would not be able to continue to do that,” said Romanucci. “As members and leaders of ITLA, we must remain steadfast in our commitment to ensuring justice, while continuously growing, staying ahead of our counterparts, staving off legislation that will hurt our practices and our clients, and ensure we preserve the right to trial by jury for the generations to come.”
Romanucci is also actively involved in other professional organizations including the American Association for Justice (AAJ), the Illinois State Bar Association, the Chicago Bar Association, and is also the founder of the Justinian Society of Lawyers Charitable Endowment Fund. His vast experience has led him to leadership positions such as Past Chair of the Police Misconduct Litigation Group and Past Chair of the Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group for the AAJ.
As a leader in his field, he has been widely recognized for his insight and experience in police brutality, mass torts, traumatic brain injuries and related legal issues. Romanucci has been named a “Top 100 Super Lawyer” for 12 straight years in Illinois, a “Leading Lawyer” since 2004 and was named a “Best Lawyer” for 2013 through 2019 by U.S. News and World Report. He also maintains a perfect Martindale-Hubble AV rating and an AVVO rating of 10/10. He was recently selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2019 edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
During his speech at the annual convention, Romanucci noted how much he is looking forward to serving as the president of ITLA. “I will bring all of my energy, passion, and enthusiasm to the position of ITLA president this next year. It is a tremendous honor to be representing this great organization and I look forward to learning, growing and creating change with my fellow members,” he said.
- Loyola University Law School podcast with Antonio Romanucci: The George Floyd Justice in Policing Act with Tony Romanucci
- Auto Insurance Premium Relief in the COVID-19 Era: Is your insurance company really looking out for you?
- The Need for Medical Monitoring in Illinois
- Michael R. Grieco Appointed Co-Chair of Tort Litigation Committee for Young Lawyers Section of Chicago Bar Association
- How a High-Performing Legal Team Stays Coordinated to Achieve Justice for Clients
- The New Normal- Office Life Post Vaccine
- Major Health Systems Bypass Insurers and Pursue Full Charges from Accident Victims
- Leading and Learning by Furthering Education at Romanucci & Blandin
- Big Pharma’s Failures Cause Permanent Vision Damage for Elmiron Users
- Anthony Gay Open Letter to Members of the Illinois General Assembly