Romanucci & Blandin, LLC is proud to be recognized in the 2017 annual list of “Top 100” verdicts, released by VerdictSearch and ALM. The firm’s record breaking $44.7 million jury verdict in LaPorta v. City of Chicago is ranked as #42 on this year’s list of highest verdicts throughout the nation.
In October of 2017, the jury impaneled before U.S. District Judge Harry Leinenweber issued its verdict, finding Chicago Police Officer Patrick Kelly responsible for shooting Romanucci & Blandin client, Michael LaPorta, and the City responsible for failing to investigate its officers and having no early warning system, thus perpetuating the officer’s reckless behavior.
LaPorta was awarded $44.7 million in damages, which is the largest verdict ever returned in a police misconduct lawsuit involving the city of Chicago and in the state of Illinois.
Romanucci & Blandin principals and partners, Antonio M. Romanucci and Stephan D. Blandin, and associates Bruno R. Marasso, Debra Thomas, Martin D. Gould, Nicolette A. Ward and Bryce Hensley, were instrumental in representing the LaPorta family.
- Diagnosing Cancer: Patients Must Trust Their Instincts and Advocate For Themselves
- Post-Pandemic Motor Vehicle Crashes and Deaths Rising – What You Can Do to Protect Yourself
- Beyond the Bio: R&B Partner Michael E. Holden
- Breakthrough Legislation Gives Choice to Victims of Workplace Sexual Abuse and Harassment
- Biometric Privacy and Workers’ Rights
- BIPA and Enhanced Protections for Illinois Workers
- Beyond the Bio: R&B Partner Bhavani Raveendran
- Trial Lawyer View with Antonio Romanucci
- Loyola University Law School podcast with Antonio Romanucci: The George Floyd Justice in Policing Act with Tony Romanucci
- Auto Insurance Premium Relief in the COVID-19 Era: Is your insurance company really looking out for you?
- May 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- July 2021
- May 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- June 2019
- November 2018
- May 2018
- March 2018
- October 2015