Romanucci & Blandin is seeking an experienced Paralegal to join our leading national civil trial practice law firm in Chicago concentrating on catastrophic personal injury, medical malpractice, police misconduct, civil rights and mass tort matters. This position plays a critical role on our legal team and should have excellent communication and organizational skills to work with our clients, attorneys and external contacts.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all assigned cases
- Handle all tasks associated with written discovery and document production for attorneys
- Draft correspondence
- Research medical and legal literature
- Locate and interview experts
- Serve as a liaison between law firms, medical experts, and other parties
- Schedule and issue subpoenas for depositions
- Prepare, issue and assist in answering written discovery
- Prepare medical record chronologies, charts, diagrams, expert witness reports and timelines for use in formulating medical-legal case theories
- Assist in trial preparation, including organizing and preparing trial exhibits, trial notebooks and binders
- Organize client correspondence and prepare mailings
- Accurately enter and manage client data into TrialWorks software program
- Assist attorneys with client depositions
Full-time with benefits, competitive insurance and benefits package, Monday-Friday business hours, sick/personal days, all paid holidays and 401K, in a firm noted for a positive, high-performance culture with a history of growth and success.
Salary competitive and commensurate with experience.
- 5+ years Legal Assistant or Paralegal experience, with personal injury cases preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and TrialWorks
- Experience in electronic filing in both state and federal courts preferred
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to manage time and tasks effectively
- Solid interpersonal and communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Paralegal Certificate
Qualified candidates, please email resume to Romanucci & Blandin Managing Partner Gina DeBoni at: firstname.lastname@example.org