Paralegal (Mass Torts & Class Actions)
Romanucci & Blandin is seeking an experienced Paralegal to join our leading national civil trial practice law firm in Chicago concentrating on catastrophic personal injury, medical malpractice, police misconduct, civil rights and mass tort matters. This position plays a critical role on our legal team and should have excellent communication and organizational skills to work with our clients, attorneys and external contacts.
- Serve as the main point of contact from handling the initial intake to litigation for all assigned cases
- Communicate, both in writing and verbally, with potential clients who contact the firm through phone, email and website submission
- Ability to manage and field a high volume of cases
- Facilitate signing of documents
- Manage and analyze the firm’s acquisition of new mass tort clients, including accurately managing data in TrialWorks system
- Assist with all tasks associated with written discovery and document production for attorneys
- Schedule and issue subpoenas for depositions
- Prepare, issue and assist in answering written discovery
- Assist in preparing medical record chronologies, charts, diagrams, expert witness reports and timelines for use in formulating medical-legal case theories
- Organize client correspondence and prepare mailings
Full-time with benefits, competitive insurance and benefits package, Monday-Friday business hours, sick/personal days, all paid holidays and 401K, in a firm noted for a positive, high-performance culture with a history of growth and success.
Salary competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Prior Legal Assistant or Paralegal experience, with personal injury cases preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and TrialWorks
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to details
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to manage time and tasks effectively
- Solid interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience in electronic filing in both state and federal courts preferred
- Associate’s degree and/or Paralegal Certificate
Qualified candidates, please email resume to Romanucci & Blandin Managing Partner Gina DeBoni at: firstname.lastname@example.org