Romanucci & Blandin, LLC (www.rblaw.net) is seeking a high energy and efficient Personal Assistant to be a part of the nationally recognized trial practice. R&B is committed to fighting for victims of negligence, abuse and wrongful death arising from police misconduct, corporate negligence, civil rights actions, medical malpractice, mass torts and class actions. The attorneys’ steadfast commitment to fighting for those seeking justice across the country has helped the firm obtain multiple verdicts and settlements in the millions of dollars.
The Personal Injury Lawyers at Romanucci & Blandin are based in Chicago, Illinois and the lawyers actively support their communities and provide advocacy at the national, state and local levels. In addition to success for clients in the courtroom, the firm is actively involved in legislative reform to improve our communities and our country.
Founded in 1998, Romanucci & Blandin is widely recognized for representing plaintiffs in numerous practice areas, including: personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, workers’ compensation, pharmaceutical, mass torts, civil rights, police misconduct, excessive force, aviation, product liability, and premises liability.
The Personal Assistant will be a key contributor to the law Civil Rights legal team and will focus on managing and executing the day to day tasks of the team. Primary responsibility will be to manage the needs of Founding Partner Antonio Romanucci with some support for the other lawyers on the team. Tasks include:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including managing an active calendar of appointments, composing and preparing correspondence
- Arrange travel plans
- Compile documents for meetings and presentations, including powerpoint presentations
- Manage and complete filings
- Manage and complete mailings
- Works closely and effectively with the Founding Partner to keep him informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, follow up appropriately
- Follow up on assignments given to lawyers and staff
- Schedule and manage lunches with attorneys and staff as well as other hospitality needs
- Complete some errands and other needs
- Proofreads correspondence for accuracy
- Maintains ongoing detailed familiarity with the projects and issues.
- Prepares and maintains expense reports
- Work independently and handle ongoing projects simultaneously.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent required, associate degree or higher preferred
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of at least 2 years assistant/administrative support experience
- Must have excellent computer skills and be very proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Must be able to compose correspondence independently; compile and maintain complex and extensive records and files; analyze situations carefully and adopt effective courses of action; and understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, manage projects with competing priories and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance