With a background in social work and the influence of a grandfather and uncle who were passionate lawyers, Gina Arquilla DeBoni naturally gravitated towards a career in law where she could put her strong people skills and passion for helping others to good use. After law school, Gina established a successful personal injury law firm with another partner. She left the practice after six years to join the prominent firm of Romanucci & Blandin, LLC in June 2010 as its managing attorney. In February of 2019 she was named managing partner of the firm.
As one of the only female managing partners in the state of Illinois, Gina is responsible for the overall management and quality assurance of the firm’s legal and compliance services within client engagements. She also plays a critical role advocating for the firm’s clients who have suffered from traumatic personal injury, medical malpractice, police misconduct, hazing, sex trafficking, products and premises liability, nursing home negligence, business interruption and construction injury cases.
Whether it’s in the office, courtroom or beyond, Gina is passionate about advocating for her clients and ensuring that real, institutional policy change can come from the firm’s cases. In September of 2017, Gina advocated on Capitol Hill with a client who testified before the Senate for an amendment to Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act. Furthermore, Gina served as an expert on panels for the film I am Jane Doe and alongside Cindy McCain in public service announcements aimed at amending Section 230. On April 11, 2018, Gina was invited to the White House with her client, who stood next to the President in the Oval Office, to witness the monumental signing of the Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex-Trafficking Act. Since 2018, Gina has also played a significant role in advocating for Romanucci & Blandin’s clients who have been impacted by carcinogenic emissions coming from the Sterigenics International facility in Willowbrook, Illinois without their knowledge for decades. This has included working closely with Illinois Senators Tammy Duckworth and Dick Durbin, as well as several Illinois Representatives who are working to create greater regulations and expand transparency as it pertains to the handling of the cancer-causing chemical, ethylene oxide.
Gina’s work has landed her in several publications both nationally and internationally, including the front-page of the Washington-Post, the Chicago Tribune and The Times in London. Most recently, Gina was chosen for the 2020 Notable Women in Law list by Crain's Chicago Business.
Education & Certifications
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2002
- B.A., University of Iowa, 1997
Awards & Recognition
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America©, 2020-2022
- Named a Leading Lawyer by Law Bulletin Publishing Company’s Leading Lawyers Division, 2017-2021
- Recipient of the ISBA Elmer Gertz Human Rights Award, 2020
- Named to the Notable Women in Law list by Crain's Chicago Business for 2020
- Stevie Award - Female Executive of the Year, Consumer Services for 11-2,500 employees, 2020
- Recipient of the Excellence in Leadership Award from the Clerk of the Circuit Court of Cook County, Dorothy Brown, 2017
- The American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, ‘Ten Best Attorneys in Illinois’ for the Client Satisfaction Award, 2016-2017
- Named an Emerging Lawyer by Law Bulletin Publishing Company’s Leading Lawyers Division, 2015-2016
- Selected to the Illinois Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers®, 2008, 2010 – 2015
- Illinois State Bar Association “Young Lawyer of the Year” Award, 2010
- The National Trial Lawyers Association: Top 40 under 40, Member
Legal Activities & Leadership
- Advocated for legislative change on Capitol Hill, resulting in the passing bi-partisan amendment to the Communications Decency Act (SESTA/FOSTA). Invited to White House when the bill was signed into law, 2017-2018
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- House of Delegates, 2006-2010
- Membership Co-Chair for the ABA for the State of Illinois, 2008-2010
- ABA Young Lawyers Division District 15 representative, 2008-2010
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Past Member of the following: Board of Governors; General Assembly Scope and Correlation Committee; Young Lawyers Division (Chair, 2008–09); Board Liaison, Women and the Law Committee, Antitrust Committee, Business Advice and Financial Planning Committee and the Standing Committee on Legal Education, Admission and Competence.
- Justinian Society of Lawyers
- Women’s Advisory Board for U.S. Senator Mark Kirk, Chair
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Northern District of Illinois, 2002
- Illinois, 2002
In the News
- Chicago Tribune, April 18, 2019
- All Romanucci & Blandin Partners and Nine Other Attorneys Honored by 2022 Edition of Best Lawyers in America© and Best Lawyers: Ones to WatchAugust 19, 2021
- May 5, 2021
- Managing Partner Gina A. DeBoni Named Female Executive of the Year – Consumer Services by the Prestigious Stevie® AwardsOctober 12, 2020
- 15 Attorneys at Romanucci & Blandin Honored by Their Peers as Leading Lawyers or Emerging Lawyers for 2021October 6, 2020
- October 1, 2020
- 2021 Edition of Best Lawyers in America© and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Honors All Romanucci & Blandin Partners and Nine Other AttorneysAugust 20, 2020
- August 17, 2020
- March 27, 2020
- November 5, 2019
- August 15, 2019
- February 26, 2019
- Chicago Law Firm Retained by Multiple Effected Willowbrook Families Announces Investigation into Toxic Emissions Released from Sterigenics InternationalSeptember 1, 2018
- Backpage.com Named in Civil Case For Reportedly Facilitating and Profiting From Child Sex TraffickingMay 17, 2017
Chicago Bar Association Alliance for Women, panelist re: Advice for Young Female Attorneys, October 2021.