Jason J. Friedl is a Senior Attorney at the Chicago-based law-firm, Romanucci & Blandin, LLC, with more than 20 years of experience representing clients on both the defendants’ and the plaintiffs’ side of complex disputes in state, federal, and appellate courts around the country.
Jason continues to represent plaintiffs who have been injured in premises liability accidents, trucking accidents, construction and workplace accidents, and those that result from defective products. He focuses a large part of his practice on cases involving sexual and interpersonal violence and abuse, most often where children were harmed by serial predators. He currently represents dozens of individuals throughout the country in cases against religious institutions, scouting organizations, and schools.
Since joining Romanucci & Blandin, Jason has been instrumental in securing substantial recoveries for victims of abuse, including a $1.2 million settlement against a private U.S. boarding school on behalf of a 17-year-old male student who was groomed and abused by a female teacher more than 30 years his senior. This result is one of the largest reported settlements involving a male victim and a female perpetrator.
Before joining Romanucci & Blandin, Jason was most recently at the Law Offices of Daniel E Goodman, LLC where he represented plaintiffs in the areas of transportation liability, motor vehicle collision actions, premises liability, and liquor and food liability. He has also served in the role Of Counsel at Salazar & Erickson, LLP of New York in cases involving disputes over licensing agreements and end user rights for electronic health record software. For 17years, as a Partner at Purcell & Wardrope, Chtd., Jason defended multinational retailers as regional and national counsel; construction companies in catastrophic workplace injury cases; a global leader in hospitality management & food service management in food, premises, and liquor liability cases; and a Chicago-area professional baseball team in security, premises, and dram cases. During that time, Jason presented numerous seminars to insurers on a range of topics including: seminars on claims investigations and evidence preservation, food poisoning, liquor liability, and liability for the actions of security personnel including armed off-duty police officers. Jason began his career as an Associate at Kiesler & Berman where he cemented his desire to help individuals who have suffered injustices.
Jason graduated from Arizona State University in 1995 with a B.A. in Political Science and a Business Minor. In 2000, he graduated with his Juris Doctor from Chicago-Kent College of Law.
In his free time, Jason enjoys motorcycle riding and adventure travel. Since a young age, he has spent three months a year traveling through Europe and other unique destinations. Next on his list is to join a motorcycle group ride through Nepal and Tibet, ending at the Mt. Everest Base Camp.
- April 29, 2021
- June 23, 2021
Education & Certifications
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law
- B.A., Arizona State University
Legal Activities & Leadership
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA)
- U.S. District Court Trial Bar for the Northern District of Illinois
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- State of Illinois, 2000
- Federal Trial Bar, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2000
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 2015
In the News
- Romanucci & Blandin retained to represent family of woman struck and killed by a car at a Chicago bus stopMay 18, 2022
- Romanucci & Blandin files childhood abuse lawsuits against the Archdiocese of Newark and the Diocese of Paterson on behalf of three former altar boysDecember 21, 2021
- November 9, 2021
- October 13, 2021
- Romanucci & Blandin files childhood sexual abuse lawsuits and claims against Archdiocese of New York, Diocese of Brooklyn, Diocese of Rockville Centre and a Boy Scouts Local CouncilSeptember 21, 2021
- June 23, 2021
- Romanucci & Blandin Represents Sexual Abuse Victims of University of Michigan Athletic Doctor Robert E. AndersonMay 21, 2021
- April 29, 2021
- Attorney Jason Friedl Joins Romanucci & Blandin, Focused on Cases Involving Sexual and Interpersonal Violence and AbuseJanuary 11, 2021