Bob Baizer serves as Partner at Romanucci & Blandin, LLC. Over the last 40 years, he has concentrated his practice in helping victims of personal injury, medical malpractice, and all forms of transportation collisions. Bob’s extensive experience handling complex damages cases has garnered numerous multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients.
Bob Baizer has been practicing law since 1972. Bob attended college at the University of California at Berkeley and at the University of Illinois in Champaign, where he earned a Bachelor’s degree in political science in 1969. In 1972, he earned a Juris Doctor degree at Northwestern University Law School, where he was a member of the prestigious Northwestern University Law Review. After working for a few years in prominent corporate law firms, he took a job as an Assistant State’s Attorney in Lake County, Illinois, where he prosecuted serious felonies, including murder and rape. In 1978 he decided to set up his own shop and began building toward working on multi-million dollar trials and settlements.
A decade later, his personal attention and focus on details earned one of his clients the then-largest medical malpractice verdict ($18.6 million) ever in the State of Illinois as well as one of the nation’s largest medical malpractice verdicts ($29.8 million). Other notable results include: a verdict of $17 million on behalf of a woman hit by a car in her driveway; a $25 million verdict in a medical negligence trial in Chicago; a $19.4 million Cook County settlement for a brain injury to an adult (following a three week medical negligence trial); and $11 million for the death of an eighteen-year-old boy who was hit by a truck.
Actively involved in his community, Bob served on the Highland Park Police and Fire Board from 2005 to 2013 and was chairman for four of those years. In 2012, Bob was appointed a Special Assistant State’s Attorney in Lake County, Illinois, serving on the Case Review Committee investigating possible wrongful convictions.
- December 2013
- July 2021
- May 2018
- December 2014
Education & Certifications
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law
- B.A., Political Science, University of Illinois
Awards & Recognition
- Named one of the The Best Lawyers in America© by U.S. News and World Report, 2022
- Selected as an Illinois Super Lawyer for the years 2005-2022.
- Named a Leading Lawyer by Law Bulletin Publishing Company’s Leading Lawyers Division since 2004
Legal Activities & Leadership
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Board of Governors
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA)
- Board of Managers
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Lake County Bar Association
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
In the News
- Chicago Sun-Times, January 21, 2022
- January 21, 2022
- All Romanucci & Blandin Partners and Nine Other Attorneys Honored by 2022 Edition of Best Lawyers in America© and Best Lawyers: Ones to WatchAugust 19, 2021
- February 4, 2021
- 15 Attorneys at Romanucci & Blandin Honored by Their Peers as Leading Lawyers or Emerging Lawyers for 2021October 6, 2020
- August 31, 2020
- March 27, 2020
- January 29, 2020
- April 26, 2019
- April 8, 2019
- April 1, 2019