Sterigenics Toxic Pollution
Romanucci & Blandin is proud to represent hundreds of individuals in the toxic exposure case related to ethylene oxide (EtO)emissions by Sterigenics in Willowbrook, Illinois. In August 2018, the residents of Chicago western suburban communities like Willowbrook, Burr Ridge, Darien, and Hinsdale were rocked by a Letter from the U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services that informed them for the first time that they lived in one of the most toxic communities in the entire country according to cancer risk.
The main culprit was Sterigenics’ Willowbrook facilities and their emissions of EtO, a known carcinogen and reproductive hazard. Since that time, hundreds of individuals with various cancers and fertility complications (i.e. miscarriages, stillbirths, birth defects, infertility, etc.) have filed lawsuits against the Sterigenics, their parent company and operators (Sotera), their hedge fund owners and operators (GTCR), their co-operators (Griffith Foods), and individuals working at the Willowbrook facilities.
Romanucci & Blandin represents nearly half of all victims in this case.
Romanucci & Blandin’s Founding Partner Antonio Romanucci is the Lead Counsel in this mass tort case and Romanucci & Blandin Senior Attorney Bryce Hensley is Liaison Counsel in the case, coordinating nearly two dozen law firms who represent victims.
Mass tort attorneys and class action attorneys
The Sterigenics toxic pollution case attorneys at Romanucci & Blandin know how to navigate these complex cases and bringing justice to victims, and sometimes settle these cases without going to trial. In addition to the Sterigenics toxic pollution case, our team also leads the hazardous chemical spill case in Beach Park, Illinois and we are co-lead counsel related to the Chemtool fire in Rockton, Illinois.
With headquarters in Chicago, Romanucci & Blandin approaches a mass tort action or class action as a way to provide monetary compensation and hold a culpable a person or institution financially accountable and responsible for the economic, physical and emotional damages that have occurred to a large group of individuals or families.
Our law firm has a team of attorneys and staff who have years of experience with mass tort and class action litigation. Our team includes partners who guide the process and share their deep knowledge of these types of lawsuits. Each client and each situation is different, and your claim is treated with great care and respect as the team investigates what happened and determines the best path to justice for you.
At Romanucci & Blandin, our mass tort attorneys and class action attorneys research the most up-to-date regulatory changes, state laws and federal laws and hire trained and experienced experts to work as expert witnesses and consultants on your cases. We will evaluate your injury, claim and research the relevant statute of limitations applicable to your case. Whether it is to review medical bills, laws or know state agencies and governmental agencies and how they operate, we work to locate and utilize the best expert witnesses across the country who are experienced in all the relevant state laws. We work collaboratively with other law firms when the circumstances call for that and are proven leaders of these large group cases.
Free consultation on your toxic pollution case
The mass tort attorneys and class action attorneys at Romanucci & Blandin have proven success in these types of cases. If you or a loved one has been impacted by toxic pollution by Sterigenics or another source, please contact our office at Info@rblaw.net, 312-458-1000 or click here to discuss your personal circumstance. There is never a fee until you are compensated for your injuries at the end of the case.
- August 21, 2020
- Law firms representing Sterigenics cancer victims urge Illinois Congressional delegation to decry the EPA waiver of environmental protections as nation battles a pandemicMarch 27, 2020
- Law firms representing Sterigenics cancer victims support Attorneys General call for strict standards of ethylene oxide emissionsFebruary 13, 2020
- February 3, 2020
- December 12, 2019
- October 28, 2019
- September 30, 2019
- Victims: “No faith” that Sterigenics will follow Matt Haller Act, protect public from cancerous emissionsJuly 1, 2019
- Law Firms Representing Individuals & Families Suffering from Carcinogenic Emissions Related Health Issues Respond to Allegations made by former Sterigenics EmployeesFebruary 4, 2019
- Six Law Firms Representing Plaintiffs in Fight against Sterigenics Join Forces to Provide Unified Support to Individuals & Families Suffering from Carcinogenic Emissions Related Health IssuesSeptember 30, 2018
- Sterigenics International Sued for Civil Battery, Negligence & Public Nuisance for Emissions of Cancer-Causing ToxinSeptember 20, 2018
- Chicago Law Firm Retained by Multiple Effected Willowbrook Families Announces Investigation into Toxic Emissions Released from Sterigenics InternationalSeptember 1, 2018