Local Workplace Injury Lawyers: Seeking Justice for Workers
The law firm of Romanucci & Blandin understands that an injury can occur at work or as a result of your, or your loved ones’ job. If a workplace injury causes serious medical injury, permanent disability or requires extensive medical care, the skilled workers’ compensation and injury attorneys at Romanucci & Blandin are ready to help. Our workers’ compensation and personal injury lawyers understand the intricacies of the workers’ compensation laws and workers’ compensation insurance and offer a free evaluation of your case. Filing a workers’ compensation claim can be overwhelming and, at times, contentious, but our attorneys are ready to help and take on your fight after a workplace accident.
Your workplace injury claim
Injured workers can suffer serious damages from their employment, whether it is an on-the-job injury sustained at a construction site, a trucking accident, or even carpel tunnel or other repetitive trauma-related injuries. Our office offers a free consultation during which time we will discuss the background of your case, review your injuries and work to obtain the relevant records, medical records and medical bills, and help you to understand the legal claims you may be entitled to pursue.
For instance, while workers’ compensation laws prohibit injured employees from suing their employers for damages, and injured workers can only get benefits from filing workers’ compensation claims, there are also third-party causes of action that may be available. When a third party or someone other than the employer was partially or fully responsible for the work-related accident, the injured person may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against that third party in addition to getting their workers’ compensation benefits. Workers’ compensation claims limit the number of benefits you can recover, but personal injury claims allow you to recoup more damages for pain, suffering, punitive damages and emotional stress.
Reaching out to a workers’ compensation attorney or work injury lawyers early on will help make sure you can pursue any and all claims. We can help with your questions about medical bills and medical expenses, disability and workers’ compensation benefits, or working with insurance companies throughout the claims process. There are also time constraints, known as statutes of limitations, on causes of action and consulting with an experienced work injury attorney helps ensure that you are not too late to file your claims.
Workers’ compensation attorneys serving Cook County, DuPage County and all of Illinois
The following is a list of the types of workers’ compensation cases we handle for our clients:
- Construction Workers’ Injury
- Occupational Disease cases
- Repetitive Trauma Injuries
- Third Party Cause of Action
- Food Industry Workers’ Injuries
- Railroad Worker (FELA) Injuries
- Airline Worker Injuries
- Shipping/Trucker Worker Injuries
- Office Worker Injuries
- Healthcare Worker Injuries
- Warehouse Worker Injuries
- Work-related injury, illness or death of a loved one
- Head and traumatic brain injuries
- Neck, spinal and back injuries
- All Joint injuries (Shoulders, Elbows, Wrists, Knees, and ankles)
- Broken bones
- Disabling injuries
- Other catastrophic injuries and serious injuries
This list is not exhaustive but shows that workplace injuries can occur in all industries and can happen to anyone. For instance, although an office work environment does not have as many risks or hazards as other professions like construction or trucking, there are still injuries that office workers can sustain at work. When you are sitting at your desk for extended periods of time, there are injuries that you can develop. The most common types of office work-related injuries include:
- Back and neck injuries from being in the same position
- Carpal tunnel syndrome from typing
- Slip and fall accidents
- Stress injuries such as strokes, heart attacks and psychological injuries
- Car accidents or related-vehicle based workplace accidents
Your workplace injury claim
If you are a worker and you have been injured, our workers’ compensation attorneys can provide you with legal advice and help you with your claim as you seek medical care and medical treatment, and deal with medical bills and medical expenses.
Many companies have become more aware of the office worker injuries that workers have been sustaining, and are trying to get more office furniture that is ergonomic. OSHA has even become more involved in setting guidelines for how to comfortably and safely work at a desk, and if your company is failing to meet those guidelines and you have become injured, Romanucci & Blandin is here to help you.
Our workplace injury lawyers understand how disruptive industrial accidents and work-related injuries can be to workers and their families, and we strive to ensure a steady and uninterrupted stream of compensation benefits through settlement or arbitration.
Free consultation with a Chicago-based workplace injury and workers’ compensation lawyer
The workplace injury and workers’ compensation attorneys at the law firm of Romanucci & Blandin have proven success in these types of cases. If you or a loved one has suffered injury or wrongful death, please contact our law offices at firstname.lastname@example.org, 312-458-1000 or click here for a free case evaluation. There is never a fee until you are compensated for your injuries at the end of the case.
Disclaimer: The content found on this page is not legal assistance and contacting the workers’ comp lawyers at Romanucci & Blandin’s law office for a free consultation regarding personal injury cases and workplace injury claims does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.
In the News
- Legal Newsline, February 1, 2023
- Family questions whether ComEd bribery scheme played a role in state’s decision not to fully investigate electrocutionChicago Tribune, July 20, 2020
- A suburban man lost his life — and his nephew lost his arms — from an improperly installed ComEd wire. State regulators can’t guarantee it won’t happen againChicago Tribune, September 13, 2019
- Romanucci & Blandin Senior Partner Frank A. Sommario successfully obtains an Illinois Workers’ Compensation arbitration decision against Cook County Sheriff’s Office for Covid-19 Related Death of a Deputy Sheriff Correctional OfficerMay 18, 2023
- Romanucci & Blandin Senior Attorney Daisy Ayllón Honored with 2023 Chicago-Kent Outstanding Young Alumni AwardMarch 10, 2023
- Mediation by Honorable William E. Gomolinski Results in $140 Million Settlement for Workplace Injury MatterFebruary 2, 2021
- September 16, 2020
- July 20, 2020
- New Lawsuit Claims Construction Worker Died Because Construction Company Failed to Provide Fall ProtectionJune 23, 2020
- Trial Attorneys at Romanucci & Blandin, LLC Reach $6 Million Dollar Settlement and nearly $1 Million Dollar Workers’ Compensation Lien for Injured Union PlumberAugust 15, 2018
- Trial Attorneys at Romanucci & Blandin, LLC Reach $2.6 Million Dollar Settlement for the family of a Father Left Dead following Fatal Burn Injuries while Working on an Unsafe Job SiteAugust 21, 2017
- September 9, 2016
- Romanucci & Blandin Blog, May 16, 2023
- Los Trabajadores Tienen Derechos Cuando se Lesionan en el Trabajo: sin Importar su Estatus MigratorioRomanucci & Blandin Blog, May 16, 2023
- Romanucci & Blandin Blog, January 25, 2021
- Romanucci & Blandin Blog, December 10, 2020