Police Chase LAWYERS | ROMANUCCI & BLANDIN
Police pursuits can be highly dangerous or deadly for those involved and bystanders. There are also many times when these chases result in injury when the police car or the car they are pursuing crashes and hits another vehicle or a pedestrian. If this happens to you or a loved one, you need a lawyer with experience in police chase litigation.
Your police chase claim
With headquarters in Chicago, the police chase attorneys at Romanucci & Blandin know the damage and devastation that can be caused when someone’s constitutional rights are violated by those who are supposed to protect and serve. Our team has experience and success bringing justice to clients in some of the country’s most prolific cases, including being on the legal team representing the family of George Floyd. The attorneys at Romanucci & Blandin know how to navigate these sensitive and often high-profile cases and bringing justice to those involved.
National experience and results in police chase matters
At Romanucci & Blandin, we approach a police chase claim as a way to provide monetary compensation and hold an individual or institution financially accountable and responsible for the physical and emotional and even economic damages that have occurred. In too many cases, encounters with law enforcement can end tragically. In some cases, the officer(s) involved in police chase cases may face criminal charges, but with or without those charges, victims can move forward with civil litigation, in an effort to receive financial compensation for what happened.
Our law firm has a team of attorneys and staff who have many years of experience with police chase litigation. Our civil rights and police misconduct legal team includes partners who guide the process and share their deep knowledge of these types of lawsuits. Each client and each situation is different, and your claim is treated with great care and respect as the team investigates what happened and determines the best path to justice for you.
We know exactly what to do to litigate your police chase case. We will obtain all necessary background information on the officer or officers involved and, if appropriate understand the municipal or organizational history, training or patterns and practices that may have played a role. Holding municipalities accountable for their officers’ conduct under a 42 U.S.C. §1983 Monell claim is an important part of civil rights law, and an area our team knows very well. We find the records, interview witnesses, utilize police and medical experts and prepare thoroughly and meticulously for your case. Ultimately, our aim is to obtain the maximum compensation possible so that you and your loved ones can move on with your life.
Our results for police chase cases
The results we have achieved in police chase cases are a testament to our team’s fierce dedication to clients.
Our results in police chase cases speak for themselves and include a $17.6 million verdict when an unauthorized police chase led to the severe injury of Vernon Hudson, and a $21.3 million result after the Chicago Police Department showed complete disregard for the safety of citizens during a chase that led to the injury of five children and the death of their mother.
Our team knows how the system works, how police departments, municipalities, local courts, and federal courts operate, and what judges, juries or mediators need to see to understand your claim.
Free consultation on your case by Chicago-based police chase attorneys
The police chase attorneys at Romanucci & Blandin have proven success in these types of cases. If you or a loved one has suffered injury or wrongful death, please contact our office at Info@rblaw.net, 312-458-1000 or click here for a free evaluation of your case. There is never a fee until you are compensated for your injuries at the end of the case.
In the News
- House Committee on the Judiciary , June 9, 2022
- Family of 84-year-old woman killed during police pursuit says city hasn’t responded to a lawsuit — three years after the case was filedChicago Sun-Times, June 6, 2022
- Fox 32, June 6, 2022
- CBS News, June 6, 2022
- KTSP-5, May 26, 2022
- ABC News , April 27, 2022
- Minneapolis police 'engage in a pattern or practice of race discrimination,' Minnesota human rights department saysCNN, April 27, 2022
- Daily Kos, April 27, 2022
- Full Report: Minneapolis Department of Human Rights investigation into the City of Minneapolis and Minneapolis Police DepartmentMinneapolis Department of Human Rights , April 27, 2022
- Civil Rights Attorneys Antonio M. Romanucci and Andrew M. Stroth call out City of Chicago for delaying justice in tragic death of Verona GunnJune 6, 2022
- National Civil Rights Attorney Ben Crump, George Floyd Family, and Legal Team Hail Biden Executive Order on Police Reform, Urge President to Keep Pressure OnMay 25, 2022
- George Floyd and Amir Locke Legal Team Releases Statement on Finding of Race Discrimination Pattern and Practice by the City of Minneapolis and Police DepartmentApril 27, 2022
- Civil Rights Attorneys Ben Crump, Antonio M. Romanucci and William Pintas join Jeff Edwards representing family of Javier Ambler IIOctober 26, 2020
- Romanucci & Blandin secured $21.3 million Verdict against Chicago Police in Fatal Car Crash Killing Mother of FiveApril 24, 2019
- September 7, 2007
- Authored by Benjamin Crump and Antonio M. Romanucci, April 4, 2022