School and Institutional Abuse Attorneys | Romanucci & Blandin
Schools and other institutions should be safe spaces for whatever their specific function is. If lines are crossed and abuse does happen, the attorneys at Romanucci & Blandin have had significant experience in handling these cases to ensure victims get the justice they deserve.
What is school and institutional abuse?
School and institutional abuse is a form of sexual abuse perpetuated against minors when a teacher or any other staff member uses their power and position to exploit or sexually abuse a member(s) of the student body.
This form of abuse is a highly dehumanizing occurrence that can cause psychological and emotional damage that can last a lifetime.
Your school and institutional abuse claim
With headquarters in Chicago, the school and institutional abuse attorneys at Romanucci & Blandin know the damage caused by these situations can also medical bills for treatment, therapy or counselling and more. The attorneys at Romanucci & Blandin know how to navigate these sensitive cases and bringing justice to victims - even if the abuse took place years ago – and often settle these types of cases without going to trial.
At Romanucci & Blandin, we approach a school and institutional abuse claim as a way to provide monetary compensation and hold an individual or institution financially accountable and responsible for the economic, physical and emotional damages that have occurred.
Our law firm has a team of attorneys and staff who have years of experience with school and institutional abuse litigation. Our legal team includes partners who guide the process and share their deep knowledge of these types of lawsuits. Each client and each situation is different, and your claim is treated with great care and respect as the team investigates what happened and determines the best path to justice for you.
We know exactly what to do to litigate your school and institutional abuse case. We will obtain all necessary background information on the abusers such as teachers or customers and, if appropriate, any institution that turned a blind eye that ignored all the red flags and allowed the abuse to happen. We find the records, interview witnesses, utilize experts and prepare thoroughly and meticulously for your case. Ultimately, our aim is to obtain the maximum compensation possible so that you can move on with your life.
At Romanucci & Blandin, our school and institutional abuse attorneys research the most up-to-date laws and hire trained and experienced school or institutional abuse experts to work as expert witnesses and consultants on your cases. We will evaluate your injury, claim and research the relevant statute of limitations applicable to your case. We work to locate and utilize the best experts across the country who are experienced in all the relevant state laws.
Delivering justice for school and institutional abuse victims
The results we have achieved in many school and institutional abuse cases are a testament to our team’s fierce dedication to clients. For example, we secured justice for a 17-year-old boy who had been both groomed and abused by a teacher 30 years his senior. Romanucci & Blandin also represents two high school football players who were sexually abused by their teammates in a locker room when a coach was supposed to be present.
Free consultation on your case with a Chicago-based school and institutional abuse attorney
The school and institutional abuse lawyers at Romanucci & Blandin have proven success in these types of cases. If you or a loved one has suffered injury or wrongful death, please contact our office at Info@rblaw.net, 312-458-1000 or click here for a free evaluation of your case. There is never a fee until you are compensated for your injuries at the end of the case.
In the News
- WGN9, November 22, 2022
- Chadron State College promised to honor a student after her suicide. Her family says ‘they’re hiding it’Nebraska Public Media, September 20, 2022
- ABC - 7 , July 12, 2022
- University of Michigan reaches $490 million settlement after sex abuse allegations against former UM doctorCNN, January 19, 2022
- Fox Illinois, September 30, 2021
- WGN Radio Legal Face Off, September 23, 2021
- FOX 32 Chicago, August 23, 2021
- Romanucci & Blandin files childhood sex abuse lawsuit against St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy on behalf of former studentNovember 21, 2022
- Romanucci & Blandin secures $1.75 million settlement for sexual abuse of a girl by priest at St. Cyril Catholic SchoolAugust 5, 2022
- Civil Lawsuit Filed Against Plainfield School District 202 and Plainfield Central High School Football Coaches for Hazing and Sexual Assault of Two PlayersAugust 23, 2021
- Romanucci & Blandin Represents Sexual Abuse Victims of University of Michigan Athletic Doctor Robert E. AndersonMay 21, 2021
- April 29, 2021
- New Lawsuit Details Sexual Abuse by Leaders of Arizona Boy Scout Troop and Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day SaintsJanuary 14, 2021
- May 22, 2020
- April 20, 2020
- Larry Nassar, USA Gymnastics, World Sport Chicago & International Federation of Gymnastics Sued for Sexual Assault of Gymnast during Chicago Competition in Civil Rights SuitAugust 16, 2018
- Romanucci & Blandin Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Parents of Lake Zurich High School Students for Despicable Acts of Bullying and HazingFebruary 1, 2017
- Romanucci & Blandin Blog, June 3, 2022
- April 21, 2022
Romanucci & Blandin Partner Martin D. Gould joins Parker Stinar of Wahlberg, Woodruff, Nimmo and Sloane in a Chicago Bar Association TV interview about a stunning sexual predator who abused hundreds of athletes for decades at the University of Michigan. The conversation examined the challenges with statutes of limitations in abuse cases, as many survivors are not ready to come forward until later in life. R&B is proud to fight for justice for the victims in this case of abuse by Dr. Richard Anderson, as well as those who have experienced other forms of abuse and human trafficking.
- August 23, 2021
Romanucci & Blandin attorneys share with FOX32 News details of the dreadful experience suffered by two former Plainfield Central High School football players who suffered hazing and sexual assault in the team's locker room in October of 2019.