Toxic Chemical Exposure Lawyers | Romanucci & Blandin
There are a variety of ways people and property can be exposed to toxic substances. One common way is through pollution of real estate or land. The way companies or other organizations deal with waste management can impact people far beyond their own staff. The unsuspecting public may be at risk. Brownfields that may be contaminated often remain vacant in communities and can be a source of environmental pollution. The improper remediation of hazardous waste can also allow toxic substances to seep into the soil, leaving people at risk for injury, illness or wrongful death from the exposure.
Toxic Chemical Exposure Litigation
Many chemicals are incredibly toxic to our health and are far too common in our communities. Numerous chemicals have caused illness or death, including:
- Asbestos – Asbestos is used in fire-resistant and insulating materials such as brake linings and hair dryers. Exposure to asbestos can cause lung cancer, mesothelioma and other illnesses.
- Lead paint – Lead paint was commonly used in homes, industrial facilities and apartment buildings that are older. There are numerous medical problems that result from lead poisoning, including kidney damage and brain injuries, especially in children.
- Pesticides- Pesticides are used to prevent, destroy, repel or mitigate any pest. Pesticides have been linked to numerous human health problems, including nervous system or endocrine system damage or cancer.
In some cases, a group of people, such as employees, are exposed to a toxic substance together, can result in a class action lawsuit. We have experienced toxic tort attorneys who have handled a variety of toxic tort cases, including class action lawsuits for their clients.
An example of one of the cases where we are lead counsel, is a hazardous chemical spill in the far north suburbs of Chicago that caused injury for many people who required hospitalization and medical treatment. This accident changed the lives of many residents and visitors in a single day, and we are committed to justice for their injuries.
Toxic Chemical Exposure Attorneys
The toxic chemical exposure attorneys at Romanucci & Blandin know the damage in these situations can also include missed work and loss of income, medical bills for treatment and more. The attorneys at Romanucci & Blandin know how to navigate these complex cases and bringing justice to victims, and sometimes settle these cases without going to trial.
With headquarters in Chicago, Romanucci & Blandin approaches a toxic tort action as a way to provide monetary compensation and hold a culpable a person or institution financially accountable and responsible for the economic, physical and emotional damages that have occurred.
Our law firm has a team of attorneys and staff who have years of experience with toxic chemical exposure litigation. Our team includes partners who guide the process and share their deep knowledge of these types of lawsuits. Each client and each situation is different, and your claim is treated with great care and respect as the team investigates what happened and determines the best path to justice for you.
At Romanucci & Blandin, our toxic chemical exposure attorneys research the most up-to-date regulatory changes and environmental laws and hire trained and experienced environmental experts to work as expert witnesses and consultants on your cases. We will evaluate your injury, claim and research the relevant statute of limitations applicable to your case. Whether it is to review medical bills, resources laws, or knowing state agencies and governmental agencies and how they operate, we work to locate and utilize the best expert witnesses across the country who are experienced in all the relevant state laws.
Free Consultation on your case with a Chicago-based Toxic Chemical Exposure Attorney
The toxic chemical exposure lawyers at Romanucci & Blandin have proven success in these types of cases. Please contact our office at Info@rblaw.net, 312-458-1000 or click here for a free evaluation of your case. There is never a fee until you are compensated for your injuries at the end of the case.
- April 29, 2022
Mass Tort & Class Actions
In the News
- WGN Radio, May 2, 2022
- CBS 2 Chicago, April 29, 2022
- New York Times, March 29, 2022
- Attorney David Neiman named to Interim Plaintiffs Steering Council in Chemtool Fire Class Action LawsuitJuly 23, 2021
- October 1, 2019
- April 26, 2019
- Romanucci & Blandin Blog, July 30, 2021
- Romanucci & Blandin Blog, January 4, 2021