Senate Passes Duckworth, Durbin Resolution Marking One Year Anniversary of July 4th Mass Shooting in Highland Park
Rep. Schneider introduced a companion resolution in the House of Representatives
June 22, 2023
[WASHINGTON, D.C.] – Today, the U.S. Senate unanimously passed a resolution introduced by U.S. Senator Tammy Duckworth (D-IL) and U.S. Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-IL), expressing the condolences of the Senate and honoring the memory of the victims on the first anniversary of the mass shooting at the Fourth of July parade in Highland Park, Illinois, on July 4, 2022.
Specifically, the Senators’ resolution:
- Expresses sincere condolences to the families, friends, and loved ones of Katie Goldstein, Irina McCarthy, Kevin McCarthy, Stephen Strauss, Jacquelyn Sundheim, Nicolas Toledo-Zaragoza, and Eduardo Uvaldo, the victims of the devastating shooting along the parade route on July 4, 2022, in Highland Park, Illinois;
- Honors the lives and memory of the victims, with gratitude for their selfless dedication to others;
- Continues to extend support to the individuals who were injured and subjected to the trauma of the shooting;
- Expresses gratitude to the law enforcement officers, medical personnel, and emergency responders who responded to the shooting with professionalism, dedication, and bravery; and,
- Stands in solidarity with the victims of senseless gun violence in communities across the United States.