Javier Rodriguez Jr. is an Attorney at Romanucci & Blandin, LLC. Javier primarily represents those who have been affected by police misconduct and the use of excessive force, wrongful death, and other serious personal injuries. Ever mindful of the fact that lawyers have a professional and moral duty to represent the underrepresented in our society, Javier is committed to ensuring that justice exists for all.
In 2018, he graduated with his Juris Doctor from the University of Illinois Chicago School of Law. In law school, he was a member of The John Marshall Law Review, The John Marshall Law School’s Moot Court Honors Council, Evans A. Evans Constitutional Law Moot Court Team, and the Student Bar Association.
While in law school, Javier interned with the American Bar Association’s Commission for Hispanic Legal Rights and Responsibilities, as well as the Illinois Office of the State’s Attorney’s Appellate Prosecutor – the latter of which afforded him the opportunity to author portions of an appellate brief submitted to the Illinois Appellate Court, Second Judicial District. He also worked for the International Human Rights Clinic at the UIC School of Law, where he assisted Syrian refugees in navigating the process of applying for asylum.
Prior to joining Romanucci & Blandin, Javier served as the Judicial Law Clerk and Staff Attorney assigned to the Honorable Clare Elizabeth McWilliams at the “J1” Asbestos Litigation Calendar at the Circuit Court of Cook County, where he conducted complex legal research and authored numerous opinions on a wide range of issues, such as wrongful death, personal injury-related litigation, toxic tort litigation, and premises liability (among many others).
In 2014, Javier earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Social Science from Evangel University in Springfield, Missouri, where he was previously elected to serve as Student Body President of the Evangel Student Government Association. He is also a graduate of the United High School Engineering and Technology Magnet in Laredo, Texas.
In his free time, Javier enjoys walking his dog Koa, exploring the city with friends, and watching the latest horror movies.
Education & Certifications
- University of Illinois Chicago School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2018
- Evangel University, Bachelor of Science in Social Science, 2014
Awards & Recognition
- Marquis Who’s Who Biographical Listee (2020) – Marquis Who’s Who
- Dean’s List (2016, 2017) – University of Illinois Chicago School of Law
- Highest Grade Award in International Law (2017) – University of Illinois Chicago School of Law
- Highest Grade Award in Constitutional Law II (2016) – University of Illinois Chicago School of Law
- Edward T. Lee Full Tuition Scholarship (2015) - University of Illinois Chicago School of Law
- Silver Shield Award (2013) – Evangel University
Legal Activities & Leadership
- American Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- LAGBAC, Member
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Illinois, 2018
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 2022
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2022
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan, 2022
In the News
- FOX 32 Chicago, June 5, 2023
- Chicago Police Sergeant Charged With Battery For Pinning Boy To Sidewalk In Park Ridge Pleads Not GuiltyBlock Club Chicago, September 23, 2022
- ABC-7, July 7, 2022
- March 31, 2023
- January 26, 2023
- Nieves family 'relieved and pleased' by felony charges against Chicago Police Sergeant for aggression against their son without causeAugust 18, 2022
- July 21, 2022
- Presenter, Ethics & Professionalism Seminar: Ethics in the Zoom Era, Oakbrook, IL, March 2023