There have been promising developments in recent months for anyone involved in a workers’ compensation (WC) case in Illinois. WC attorneys are pleased to see some much needed and overdue resources added to speed resolution of more WC cases in the state. The appointment of new arbitrators and an enhanced process for documents mean new efficiencies and more prompt conclusions for parties.
Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission (IWCC) arbitrators conduct judicial hearings, render awards and decisions, and approve settlement contracts in accordance with statutory ...
The cost of the tragic 737 Max continues to increase, with Boeing bleeding money to get it back in the air. Beyond dollars, Boeing has lost the confidence of consumers, who will forever be wary to put themselves or their loved ones on a 737 Max, regardless of how safe the company claims it is.
Boeing CEO David L. Calhoun needs to simply stop. Focus efforts on repairing your corporate culture, which according to recent memos is at best broken and, at worst, corrupt. Go back to go forward. Earlier 737 models have a solid safety record, which businesses, individuals and economies around the world ...
For over 30 years I have been fighting for victims of catastrophic neglect and misconduct. In the last decade, we have seen a tripling of cases in the medical neglect arena - doctors, nurses and health systems making repeated life-and-death mistakes, leaving babies, children and adults permanently and unnecessarily harmed. Research has shown medical negligence is now the third leading cause of death in the United States.
A case we recently settled exposed some of that negligence in the healthcare ecosystem that ultimately cost a young mother her life. With the case now settled – at ...
- Auto Insurance Premium Relief in the COVID-19 Era: Is your insurance company really looking out for you?
- The Need for Medical Monitoring in Illinois
- Michael R. Grieco Appointed Co-Chair of Tort Litigation Committee for Young Lawyers Section of Chicago Bar Association
- How a High-Performing Legal Team Stays Coordinated to Achieve Justice for Clients
- The New Normal- Office Life Post Vaccine
- Major Health Systems Bypass Insurers and Pursue Full Charges from Accident Victims
- Leading and Learning by Furthering Education at Romanucci & Blandin
- Big Pharma’s Failures Cause Permanent Vision Damage for Elmiron Users
- Anthony Gay Open Letter to Members of the Illinois General Assembly
- The Nursing Home Shell Game Where Injured Patients Pay the Price